A Service to Service connection is used in Cavallo for Business Central to facilitate communication between BC and Cavallo. Follow these steps to set up this connection.
- In the Business Central client, search for Microsoft Entra Application (formally known as Azure Active Directory Application) and open the page
- Select “New”, which will open the card for creating the connection
- In the Client ID Field, enter the Application (Client) ID for Cavallo:
- Fill in the Description field with “Cavallo for Business Central”
- Set the state to Enabled
- Assign the D365 BUS FULL ACCESS and CAVALLO ALL ACCESS permission sets in each company which will be accessed by Cavallo
- If Nodus PayFabric is installed in the company, also give the NODUS PF ALL ACCESS permission set in each company.
- If Avalara AvaTax is installed in the company, also give the AVA AVATAX POST, AVA AVATAX SETUP and AVA AVATAX VIEW permissions set in each company.
- If any InsightWorks modules are installed, also give any InsightWorks permission sets, including IWORKS COMMON, LICENSE PLATE MGMT, and WHI-ALL
- If Versapay is installed in the company, also give the EFT GENERAL -CL- permission set
- If you are using or are going to use Custom Fields, also give the AUTOMATE ACTION, D365 FULL ACCESS and D365 ADMINISTRATOR permissions in each company.
- As an administrator user, select the “Grant Consent” button in the header of the screen to establish the connection
Microsoft has more in depth documentation on this functionality located here.