The Inventory Bin Transfers function allows users to transfer inventory from bin to bin within the same warehouse.
Note: Inventory Bin Transfers will only work if multibin is enabled in Dynamics GP. A notification may appear before the Inventory Bin Transfers module opens.
Inventory Bin Transfers must first be enabled in the Security Editor. Set the sub-setting Auto Search to True to have the form automatically search when it is opened.
Open: Modules > Inventory > Inventory Bin Transfers
To transfer inventory to a different bin:
- Enter the desired Site, Bin, and/or Item in the Search fields and click Search. The grid will be populated with warehouse records matching the entered criteria. Entering no criteria will retrieve all records.
- Select the desired record in the grid to have some or all of its inventory moved to another bin. Use Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to select multiple records. The same quantity from each selection will be transferred.
- Click Create New Transfer and enter the quantity to transfer and to which bin the item(s) will be transferred.
- Click OK. The selected record(s) will populate with the destination information on the Inventory Bin Transfers grid
Note: Destination/Transfer information can also be entered directly into the grid.
- Confirm the quantity to transfer in the Transfer Qty column
- Click Process Transfer to complete the process
Note: If the selected record is serial or lot tracked, the Serial/Lot Selection screen appears. Select the specific serial/lot number(s) to transfer. Use the arrow buttons to move selected lots from the Transfer From table to the Transfer To table, and click OK to finish:
After the transfer is processed, a hint row will be displayed on the Inventory Bin Transfers screen for the rows selected for transfer, indicating the success or fail of the transfer:
For a hard copy of the transfer documents, use the grid dropdown (little orange triangle in the left corner above Item #) to Export or Print the grid.